Social media is the most current method that successful marketers are utilizing as a means of getting their message out to their target markets.
Facebook and Twitter are two of the social media platforms most commonly used for marketing. Facebook offers a means of creating a fan page for a company or product, while Twitter makes use of 140-character posts that users follow.
When used effectively, social media can have all the benefits of word of mouth advertising; building credibility and endorsements, just on a larger scale!
Recognized advantages of using Social Media include:
- Substantially reduced marketing costs
- Produces increased sales or communication opportunities
- Directs more traffic to your website
- Enhances greater customer engagement at every level
- Penetrates access to global markets if desired
- Enables ability to acquire customer feedback
- Easily generated market research and product development campaigns
- Improves networking opportunities with customers and other businesses
- Builds loyalty and long-term relations with your intended audience
- Improves ranking on search engines for easy access